Discover Charleston, South Carolina
As a thriving
seaport, there is much to experience in the Charleston area.
Charleston’s beach playground, Folly Beach, is just 15 minutes south of
Charleston. Mt. Pleasant, home of one of the world’s largest naval and
maritime museums, is just across the new Cooper River Bridge. From Mt.
Pleasant, visitors can board tour boats to visit the National Monument
at Fort Sumter where the Civil War began. Stately plantations like the
grand Magnolia Plantation take visitors back more than 300 years.
- Explore tidal creeks and barrier islands with a
- Take a horse-drawn carriage ride along
- Tour 18th century plantations and historic
- Visit the Charleston Museum, America’s first
- Shop for fine art and antiques on King Street
- Savor authentic low country cuisine such as
she-crab soup and panned quail